Mar 29, 2009

[ I Gave a Lot of Money to Democratic Candidates Over the Past Year & They're Not Getting Any More from Me Until Pot Is Decriminalized ]

... from the comments section on a Huff blurb about legalizing weed in this country.

I find it very interesting that at the intersection of a failing economy and a violent war in Mexico, calls to legalize weed have been increasingly public lately. They were debating it on MSNBC the other day, and the guy who was against legalization was such a stupid douche, saying bullshit like "if we legalize rape, then there wouldn't be any rapists either."

To be clear, smoking a little dope, a drug that - unlike alcohol - can never kill you, no matter how much you use, is a little different than raping someone.

In related news, I've gotten into a habit of going through the comments when I read articles online. I think it offers a context that's sometimes more instructive than the article itself. I suspect historians twenty, thirty years from now will mine these comments for clues about the national mood.

No comments: